Recently Overheard on CBS... ~ BitterSweetLife

Saturday, March 08, 2008

Recently Overheard on CBS...

"In the last several days, the Big 12 has moved ahead of the ACC to take the nation's number one RPI ranking."

Nice work. This will definitely help the Big 12's NCAA Send Six campaign. I had a mini-celebration right there on the couch.

To those of you who are as interested in college basketball as recreational feng shui, I apologize. Every year when March rolls around I start spouting stats, predictions, and players names and I just can't seem to help myself. I promise the obsession will wind down within a month.

But for the rest of you, the ones who have successfully identified God's favorite sport, there's a bracket contest coming up...



Like what you read? Don't forget to bookmark this post or subscribe to the feed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Given Mizzou's abomination of a season, I think I'm going to throw my weight, such as it is, behind Baylor, a/k/a "God's Team" this year. If Scott Drew isn't Coach of the Year, I don't know who is.

Cheers.

AJ said...

I'm finding it almost impossible not to root for Baylor. I'll applaud when I see them show up on the bracket next Sunday. They tend to live and die by the three, but I could see them winning a couple games--any more than that would be an amazing achievement, IMO.

Will Robison said...

I know it must be that time of year when I start craving to find out who won the quarter-final games of the MEAC Tournament. ;)

Ironically, most of my teams are out of competition for anything out here - but not my alma mater which is still alive in the Big Sky tournament after defeating Montana. Go Idaho State! (Not a chance, really... ;)

 

Culture. Photos. Life's nagging questions. - BitterSweetLife