My NCAA Bracket Gains Self Esteem ~ BitterSweetLife

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

My NCAA Bracket Gains Self Esteem

FOX's Jeff Goodman has my back when it comes to my NCAA tournament winners:

Kansas coach Bill Self told me that guard Sherron Collins is “100 percent”. That the factor that ultimately swayed me to pick the Jayhawks to beat UCLA in the national title game.
And it's not only Goodman. A highly respected sports writer from the L.A. Times, of all places, is also pushing KU:
Yes, the final will be a repeat of the terrific Big 12 Conference championship game. And yes, for a second consecutive time, the Jayhawks will win -- this time for the national title.

They're experienced -- their best players are a sophomore, two juniors and a senior. They're talented at both ends of the court -- they led the Big 12 in all major offensive and defensive categories.

They can run if necessary, or bang if necessary. Brandon Rush and Mario Chalmers can beat you outside, Darrell Arthur and Darnell Jackson can beat you inside.

They lost three games this season, all on the road, by a total of 13 points.

They won't lose again. (HT: Will Hicks)

And he didn't even mention Sherron Collins. My bracket was feeling pretty good about itself already, but now it's really swaggering.



Like what you read? Don't forget to bookmark this post or subscribe to the feed.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your latest posts have me feeling a little more confident about my bracket, as they are incredibly similar. Thanks!

 

Culture. Photos. Life's nagging questions. - BitterSweetLife