Exploring the "Book Club" Idea ~ BitterSweetLife

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Exploring the "Book Club" Idea

A week or so ago, a couple people mentioned the idea of a "book club" for this blog. How would that work? I'm not exactly sure. Basic idea: Anyone interested grabs a copy of the slated book, we start reading at approx. the same time, and commit to x number of interlinked posts about it on our respective blogs? Or: I could open a discussion thread here, on a given book, where readers could leave their opinions in the comments? Either would be fine with me...let me know if you have a better idea.

Probably the more basic question is whether there are enough interested people to sustain a good discussion. So maybe I can test the waters here by floating a few books with club potential (friendly, dress well, good sense of rhythm...). If any of these titles catch your eye, or you'd be willing to talk about a book I don't mention, speak up.




Like what you read? Don't forget to bookmark this post or subscribe to the feed.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would be interested in partisipating. As for the book choice...I don't really care, though I'd be parial to "Vintage Jesus", since I just started podcasting Mark Driscol's church.

As for the format, I like the idea of interlnked blogs, or possibly a seperate blog with multiple authors, if you get enough people interested.

Will Robison said...

Interesting enough, the Vintage Jesus book caught my eye the most as well.

Count me in. Though I am a slow reader.

Anonymous said...

I love the idea, and would love to be included. And Matt's idea above to have a blog specifically for this kind of idea would be really cool. Especially if each review would take on a particular perspective or view (cultural, denominational, perspective in general), that could end up being a neat resource similar to books that cover issues from different perspectives.

In any case, and however it ends up coming together, I would love to be counted in. Contact me at "me" at my domain to get in touch.

Anonymous said...

Considering I've read Driscoll as well, I'm in for Vintage Jesus...and followed later by the Piper/Taylor book...

Bernard Shuford said...

Sure, I'd love to play, but I might be a bit of a theological dwarf, here...

 

Culture. Photos. Life's nagging questions. - BitterSweetLife