Ode to Mysterious Espresso ~ BitterSweetLife

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Ode to Mysterious Espresso

O anonymous espresso beans,
mail-ordered by the visiting brother of our friend,
arriving after his transcontinental departure,
passed on to me through sheer good will
and because God knows I love my coffee:
I do not know your blend,
your roaster, or your point of origin,
only that you glimmer with oily luster in the bag,
only that you burst tiger-striped from the portafilter,
only that you cascade with abundant crema into my cup,
delivering a double shot of espresso
whose sophisticated, fragrant tastiness is surpassed
only by its air of mystery.



Like what you read? Don't forget to bookmark this post or subscribe to the feed.

4 comments:

must_decrease said...

I think I just cried a little

littlepeace said...

Query: Have you ever considered/attempted vlogging?

must_decrease said...

Revelation!

I see the bag says "Five Points" This is a hip area in the Atlanta Metro...Just a thought

AJ said...

must_decrease, you'll have to come by and try this stuff. Five Points is also an area in NYC...I googled it and came up with "Five Points Espresso" sold by a few bean retailers with NY connections, but nothing conclusive. The mystery lingers...

@littlepeace: I haven't tried vlogging, but the idea is fun. Maybe if I have the time to play around with video at some point I'll post a clip of me and Aidan playing a classic game of "Oh No Ball." You thinking about vlogging?

 

Culture. Photos. Life's nagging questions. - BitterSweetLife