This Baby Talks Smack ~ BitterSweetLife

Sunday, October 29, 2006

This Baby Talks Smack

Trash-talking Baby
Aidan got name-dropped in this morning's sermon at church, specifically his little exchange with MU fan R. Sherman (as related in an earlier post, Smack-Talking Baby):

A couple days ago R. Sherman offered to send over some MU baby clothes, and because I knew Sherman meant it sincerely, I mentioned it to Aidan after his midmorning nap. He was still rubbing his eyes, but he muttered something about how he’d been wanting some cloth diapers anyway. This kid is wicked, I tell you. We’ve got to rein him in.

On a related note, Aidan's mad trash-talking skills have begun to gain him some notoriety, as evidenced by the people who come here looking for a "definition of smack talk." I've been talking with the kid about writing up some kind of a Trash-Talk 101 piece to help these people out...

Filed in:



Like what you read? Don't forget to bookmark this post or subscribe to the feed.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Has Aidan received any new reading material?

Anonymous said...

That would be a yes. :)

AJ said...

As hinted at by Bagel, Aidan got some new reading material in the mail a couple days ago: The University of Kansas 101 (My First Text-Board Book) and Go Jayhawks (My First Kansas Words). The little guy sent a thank you note off a little while ago, and I'm reproducing it here:

What's up, [Bagel]?
Ever since the KU Basketball Books came in the mail, I have been reading them. Thanks! I keep the Books near me at night, to keep Dad from stealing them. Now I can recite them from memory, and I think my jumpshot has improved. So I am just wondering, do you have copies of these Books, and if so, how do you keep them from being stolen? I am juiced for the Jayhawk basketball season, are you? Thanks again, [Bagel]. You da man!
Aidan

Anonymous said...

Is he flashing gang signs in that photo?

You might want to have a talk with him about that.

On second thought, it does resemble an Orkan greeting, a al Mork and Mindy.

Nanoo Nanoo.

AJ said...

Is he flashing gang signs in that photo?

Why, that little!-- "AIDAN!"

 

Culture. Photos. Life's nagging questions. - BitterSweetLife