Another Day, Another Mistaken Identity ~ BitterSweetLife

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Another Day, Another Mistaken Identity

Someone else's runaway student sticks his head in the door of my classroom and looks around.

"Who's the new kid?"
"That's the substitute teacher."
"Oh." He grins stupidly, and I shoot him the don't-mess-with-me look I've learned on the rough streets of urban Kansas City. "Can I help you?" I say.

"Uh, no."
I wave goodbye and he disappears.

Another day in the subbing life, another mistaken identity. Maybe I should start wearing a tie to work. Either that or start penciling in some extra lines on my forehead in the morning to keep up with these older-than-their-years high school students.

Then again, keeping these kids slightly off-balance doesn't hurt. Let the confusion continue. ;)

Filed in:



Like what you read? Don't forget to bookmark this post or subscribe to the feed.

0 comments:

 

Culture. Photos. Life's nagging questions. - BitterSweetLife