My School Grabs Spurgeon's Books ~ BitterSweetLife

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

My School Grabs Spurgeon's Books

Between Two Worlds just scooped my own school's (notoriously slow) information service:

Don Hinkle reports that Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary has purchased the Charles H. Spurgeon Library (6,750 volumes) from William Jewell College for $400,000. Hinkle recounts that the "Prince of Preachers," "had what is regarded as the world’s finest library of Puritan literature in existence. The library contains many personal works as well as volumes of literature, theology, religion, travel, biography, science, hymnody, history and humor."

Cool. I'm a big fan of acquiring dead guys' books. This is also eye-opening: I didn't know MBTS had pockets that deep. I wonder if the volumes will be available for student perusal...



Like what you read? Don't forget to bookmark this post or subscribe to the feed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's nothing like finding things out via some one elses blog. Maybe this is why we haven't recieved financial aid.

AJ said...

Maybe this is why we haven't recieved financial aid.

HA HA HA! Wait a minute, that's not funny.

I can see the headline:
Seminary Redirects Student Loans into Elicit Spurgeon Slush Fund

I knew the pockets weren't that deep! ;)

 

Culture. Photos. Life's nagging questions. - BitterSweetLife