Jayhawk Basketball Is Here ~ BitterSweetLife

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Jayhawk Basketball Is Here

KU Jayhawk
The Big 12 held its basketball media day earlier this week, and I've started reveling in the upsurge of college hoops coverage. Sports Illustrated columnist Seth Davis was kind enough to add some icing to my preseason basketball cake by picking the Jayhawks to win it all. The thorough article features some insightful commentary on Bill Self and the young KU team:

After watching the Jayhawks practice on Monday and Tuesday, I can assure you their ceiling is sky high. This team is loaded with thoroughbreds; my neck is still sore from watching them press and run nonstop. KU led the nation in field-goal percentage last season, but the scary thought is this team should be even better defensively. Self is intent on pushing the pace to take advantage of his players' multifaceted skills in transition.

The whole piece is worth reading: KU Jayhawks my pick to win the NCAA title. Oh yeah, and did I mention that Julian Wright is back this season? :)



Like what you read? Don't forget to bookmark this post or subscribe to the feed.

1 comments:

Hera said...

I can't WAIT for Jayhawk basketball!!! Hopefully we do better this year than the past couple years, but I'll be pumped to watch no matter if we're winning or losing- I miss those Fieldhouse sounds!

 

Culture. Photos. Life's nagging questions. - BitterSweetLife