The Hobbit Movie has a Director ~ BitterSweetLife

Friday, April 25, 2008

The Hobbit Movie has a Director


And he is Guillermo del Toro (Hellboy, Pan's Labyrinth), a proven genius with a tendency toward darker films. Peter Jackson, of course, is producing. WETA workshop in tow.

J.R.R. Tolkien's Hobbit is the most light-hearted of his Middle Earth fiction. I'm wondering if that more boisterous, children's book-feel will be maintained with Guillermo del Toro at the helm. If I had to guess, I'd predict toward a more epic, less frivolous Hobbit.



Like what you read? Don't forget to bookmark this post or subscribe to the feed.

1 comments:

John Goering said...

All I know is I intensely enjoyed the rich dark(ish) fantasy world in Pan's Labyrinth.

I expect this will lead the movie to become a couple tones darker than the book, but I'd rather have a PG-13 or Rated R Hobbit movie than none at all. ;)

 

Culture. Photos. Life's nagging questions. - BitterSweetLife