Interested in meeting some local bloggers and talking about how you became the _____ (insert appropriate adjective) blogger you are?
Coming up May 10 is BarCampKC, "a conference about presenting on the projects you're passionate about, involving your friends and colleagues, getting inspired by others, and meeting some talented and creative folks you'd likely not run into otherwise."
Why do I mention this?
Coordinator Pete Thomas invited me to participate in a "haphazard" panel of non-techie bloggers. As he says, "You guys would show up Saturday to hang out and at some point start a q&a thing that was as formal or as informal as you like -- standing around with coffees in your hand just chilling and discussing..." I could go for that.
We'd toss around questions like:
- Who: Who are you? How much of the real you is in your blogging vs. how much do you leave out or suppress? Who visits your blog? Who do you tell about your blog vs. who you don't?
- What: What do you find yourself blogging most about? What annoys you most about running your blog?
- Where: Where do you blog from in terms of physical space (living room, office, coffee shop, anywhere I feel like it, etc.)
- When: When do you write your posts? When (and why) did you start blogging?
- Why? Why blog? Why does your blog exist?
- How? How did you get started blogging? How do you maintain the energy and motivation to keep blogging? How do you blog, technically (e.g., on a laptop, on a mobile device, on my home pc, on my work pc, on a mac vs. a pc, etc.)
For this panel to work out, I need 3-5 more KC-area bloggers to participate. If this sounds like something you'd be interested in doing, shoot me a note. Visualize a meet & greet with a little structure thrown in. :)