Why The Best Post EVER Was Not Posted Here Today ~ BitterSweetLife

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Why The Best Post EVER Was Not Posted Here Today

Today I fought a battle with languor and lost. It wasn't a pitched battle. Fights with languor never are, which is why we typically lose them. Personally, I prefer sharp pain or attacks of irritation because at least then you have a fighting chance.

Languor is an elusive opponent. Trying to get a close look at him means examining yourself (Am I sick? Has my soul been sucked dry of motivation? Or am I just really, really tired?) and everyone knows that introspection is very conducive to falling asleep. It's an elaborate ambush.

With languor, there's the feeling that your brain is packed in cotton and it takes all the energy you possess to just sit down on the couch and open a book and look at several pages without falling asleep. The room closes in and currents of warm air pick you up and the next thing you know, you wake up an hour later, still drowsy.

And I had big plans for today. It's just not fair. Something has to change tomorrow, or I'll be forced to start in with the Severe Coffee Shock Treatment, which has its own share of nasty side effects.

But all this exertion has made me tired. I'm going to bed.



Like what you read? Don't forget to bookmark this post or subscribe to the feed.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Diggin' your blog. You've got skills. You're linked.

 

Culture. Photos. Life's nagging questions. - BitterSweetLife