Beer & Baptist Buzz Reaches Kansas City ~ BitterSweetLife

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Beer & Baptist Buzz Reaches Kansas City

My friend Scott (who is too cool to blog) pointed out to me that Darrin Patrick, The Journey, and their SBC critics just showed up in our local paper, the Kansas City Star. The St. Louis story has made its way to KC. It's always great when the church looks so coherent, mature and serious-minded in print. Positive press like this can only be good for everyone involved.

On a more sincere note, I have a feeling that the mud won't stick to Patrick and The Journey. It doesn't take a whole lot of pointing and clicking to get a perspective on what's going on here.



Like what you read? Don't forget to bookmark this post or subscribe to the feed.

2 comments:

Andrew Simone said...

Although I never attended the church when I lived in St. Louis, I can say with confidence that they are not the kooks people make them out to be. For what it is worth. Believe me, it takes one to know one.

AJ said...

Ha ha. Thanks for the inside scoop, Andrew. I spoke briefly with Darrin Patrick several weeks ago, and agree: a kook the man is not.

 

Culture. Photos. Life's nagging questions. - BitterSweetLife