Digging the New Loft Apartment ~ BitterSweetLife

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Digging the New Loft Apartment

I arrived home from school with my mind brushed back, collegiate-like. Aidan greeted me with an uproarious grin. "I think I just had an argument with a neighbor," said Lindsay.

"Oh, what happened?" I pictured Lindsay in the hall, exchanging heated words. I wondered if the neighbor was a guy, how big he was, and whether I would need to go find him...
"Well, he was playing his music really loud, and I got mad." Great, people have died in these Loud Thump-Thump Music Wars.
"So I turned up Secret Garden really loud." Oh. So you never actually saw this neighbor?
"Then he turned his music up higher. So I turned Secret Garden up even more. It was a musical argument."
Well. As long as nobody got hurt.

I'm really liking our new place. The sun streams through the East-facing picture windows every morning and you can see the dust motes dancing. The view is a form of therapy. The loft layout is wide open and gives you the feeling that life isn't claustrophobic. Maybe this is the place where I'll write my novel. Or maybe this is the place where I'll write a bunch more essays so I can graduate.

Either way, not even musical arguments are detracting from the good vibe here. If I have to eventually take a shiv to the neighbor, well, I'll have to. In the meantime, the new loft is treating us well.



Like what you read? Don't forget to bookmark this post or subscribe to the feed.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Want to borrow my stereo? It goes to 11.

 

Culture. Photos. Life's nagging questions. - BitterSweetLife