Quick-Takes from the Smug Soul ~ BitterSweetLife

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Quick-Takes from the Smug Soul

The Bible is a divine document inhabited by a Ghost, which is cool, but I like my alien norms.

Can we get away from these rough-edged statements like "You're wrong?"

I haven't heard God's voice today, but that will make our reunion all the sweeter. Besides, he is self-sufficient, right?

If I had the spiritual x-ray vision of the prophets, I think it would be alarming to see all the hollow people surrounding me.

Pride? I call it cavalier self-assurance, and the church needs more manly men. Pride? What an arrogant insinuation to make.



Like what you read? Don't forget to bookmark this post or subscribe to the feed.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That last one kind of reminded me of that guy from Seattle. What's his name? Mark Driscoll? :)

 

Culture. Photos. Life's nagging questions. - BitterSweetLife