Finding God's Will for Your Life ~ BitterSweetLife

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Finding God's Will for Your Life

I was looking for new information about God's will for my life.

"Just give up," said God. "You're not getting any more. Stop trying to see my cards."

"But God, what am I supposed to do?"

God looked down at me. I shuffled some papers around.

"I sent you a book. No, not the one with the accompanying DVD. There. It's on your shelf. It's called the Bible."

"God, c'moooonnn..."

"Your voice has taken on that whining tone again. Now get out in the world and start living before I, well, damn it. We don't have time for these kinds of discussions. Or more accurately, you don't have time. Now, are we communicating here?"

Sigh. "Yeah."

"Good. I think I've given you more than enough of my will to work on."



Like what you read? Don't forget to bookmark this post or subscribe to the feed.

3 comments:

John B. said...

God, at least, has left instructions . . .

Hmm: the imitation of Christ is kind of like being a substitute teacher?

AJ said...

You have an eye for parity. I didn't even think about that connection...

It's amazing that God gives us so much freedom in living. What would be "academic neglect" in the classroom translates into faith-guided living in the wider arena of life. Of course, God is available for consultation, unlike absentee teachers.

Dan Price said...

Hey you should read "Decision Making and the Will of God" by Garry Friesen, he's a prof at Western Seminary in Portland

 

Culture. Photos. Life's nagging questions. - BitterSweetLife