I Am Still Here ~ BitterSweetLife

Sunday, March 25, 2007

I Am Still Here


I knew the media blackout would have to end.

This morning, for about 30 seconds, the world seemed like a promising place to wake up in. It was Sunday, Lindsay and Aidan were nearby, and coffee was a few minutes away. Then it all came flooding back. The darkness, and anger, the 20 missed layups and dunks, the inability to shoot free throws. At times like this, it's good to know Jesus, because what else have you got?

An afternoon spent lying around in my underwear and cussing at the TV was a big help, but I still wasn't ready to speak about The Loss. My heart still wasn't free. Fortunately, when North Carolina lost to Georgetown in overtime this afternoon, I felt something give way. Relief came out of nowhere.

Suddenly, I heard the birds singing outside and noticed that this whole tragedy had hardly fazed Aidan, who was, at that moment, trying to inhale several Cheerios at once while chugging water from his sippy cup. The Tarheels were gone, Roy Williams would not win another NCAA title, and I knew that now was the time to return to the land of the living.

I'm back.



Like what you read? Don't forget to bookmark this post or subscribe to the feed.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh the emotions this March Madness can induce!

 

Culture. Photos. Life's nagging questions. - BitterSweetLife