New Music, Presented by My iPod ~ BitterSweetLife

Friday, March 30, 2007

New Music, Presented by My iPod


I was given an iPod for Christmas by Lindsay's parents. Other than raising my self-esteem to a dangerously high level, my iPod has prompted me to check out some new artists, and I've decided to kindly share a few of them with you. To make this interesting, I'm going to limit myself to one descriptive sentence per album. (Exciting, eh?)



Both melodic (ballads) and rhythmic (pseudo-rap), Mat Kearney's voice is a multipurpose tool backed by great production, which explains why this major label debut album was a smash hit. iTunes: Mat Kearney - Nothing Left to Lose



The Crane Wife
, by the Decemberists is a wistful, imaginative, retelling of a Chinese folk tale interwoven with stand-alone songs of love and adventure--and it actually works. iTunes: The Decemberists - The Crane Wife



The Doves are a Brit rock group with more texture and depth than Coldplay; you probably won't hear them playing in a department store anytime soon, and that's a good thing. iTunes: Doves - Some Cities



Bob Dylan is a blues genius with masterful staying power--if you can get past his legendary raspyness, this latest album is amazing. iTunes: Bob Dylan - Modern Times



Coincidentally(really), all the CDs I mentioned are male solo artists or all-male bands...next time I do this I'll remedy that. Enjoy.



Like what you read? Don't forget to bookmark this post or subscribe to the feed.

0 comments:

 

Culture. Photos. Life's nagging questions. - BitterSweetLife