Oozing into the Blogosphere ~ BitterSweetLife

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Oozing into the Blogosphere

No one could have been more surprised than I was when my piece, Brave Words, appeared on the emerging Christian website, The Ooze. I submitted the article about a year ago, and assumed it had long since been lost in piles of electronic paperwork. But no.

Amazing business, this e-publishing stuff. Note that by allowing my work to appear on The Ooze, I'm not endorsing the views of site creator Spencer Burke, who has recently stated that he is, in effect, a heretic, and offers proof. (I'm reluctant to call a man in this position a liar...although you would hardly expect a heretic to be trustworthy.)

What weird positions this postmodern "emergent" stuff leaves people in. Anyway, go read my article. I submitted it before I knew Spencer was a renegade.



Like what you read? Don't forget to bookmark this post or subscribe to the feed.

2 comments:

Ched said...

Hey, I liked your article. It's good to have this content displayed in a forum such as this, even if it's run be a "renegade."

spencer said...

Ariel,

Thanks for submitting your article.

TheOOZE is a community site and you will find people, message posts and articles from all points of view. In the last election I think we were one of the only christian venues where real honest and open discussion about the candidates and the issues could be discussed without feeling like you said something wrong (be it too conservative or liberal).

I hope difference in opinion opens the dialogue deeper, wider and richer for all to learn from. Although I am finding that might not be as true as I once assumed...

 

Culture. Photos. Life's nagging questions. - BitterSweetLife