Pagan Christianity Buzz ~ BitterSweetLife

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Pagan Christianity Buzz

As mentioned, I'm reading Pagan Christianity. Halfway through, the book's over-the-top tone is grating on me, although the historical exegesis is decent. Good research, suspect conclusions--that's how I'd sum up what I've read so far.

Apparently the book is generating some buzz in the blogosphere, and there's not really a consensus on it's helpfulness. Check out Brad Andrew's list of Pagan Christianity posts. Interesting and emotional conversations, especially at the bob.blog.

There's a lot of disagreement about this book--except about the fact that author Frank Viola (and George Barna, via endorsement) posture themselves as provocateurs. That seems to be the way to go these days when you want to make a splash as a new author...or repackage a 2002 book for better sales. But don't worry, I'll have my review up soon so you can know what to make of all this. ;)



Like what you read? Don't forget to bookmark this post or subscribe to the feed.

0 comments:

 

Culture. Photos. Life's nagging questions. - BitterSweetLife