Prince Caspian Preview? ~ BitterSweetLife

Friday, January 04, 2008

Prince Caspian Preview?

C.S. Lewis scholar and "Narnia expert" Devin Brown has written a wishlist of themes from Prince Caspian that he hopes to see in the movie (release date: May 16). His precise hopefulness (I want to see this and this and this) reminds me of myself before the Lord of the Rings films hit the theaters.

Devin's an excellent writer--I went off to search Amazon for his books--and I think the emphases he draws from Caspian are right on. I doubt that he'll get precisely what he's wishing for, but even three or four out of five would make the film a lot better.

Now I feel compelled to go reread Prince Caspian.



Like what you read? Don't forget to bookmark this post or subscribe to the feed.

1 comments:

Will Hicks said...

At the risk of sounding like one of those "Lord of the Rings" nerds, I'm really excited about Prince Caspian.

The Narnia books were really the only "beloved childrens books" I had when I was a kid.

I loved the first movie. I'm sure I'll dig the second.

 

Culture. Photos. Life's nagging questions. - BitterSweetLife