Clever, Very Clever ~ BitterSweetLife

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Clever, Very Clever

I'm making some stove-top espresso while Aidan stands beside me drinking apple juice and rubbing his eyes.

Me, with a hopeful intonation: "Hey, are you sleepy?"
Aidan, as if retracting an off-hand comment that, on second thought, wasn't very well timed: "Never mind."

Sometimes I forget that I'm living with a 20-month old whose skills in diversion, pretense, and subterfuge are equal to those of Jason Bourne. Jason never seemed to get much sleep either, which also fits...



Like what you read? Don't forget to bookmark this post or subscribe to the feed.

1 comments:

Bernard Shuford said...

My kid uses "Oh, forget it..." in virtually the exact same fashion, and he just turned 6 on Friday...

 

Culture. Photos. Life's nagging questions. - BitterSweetLife