Father-Son Bonding Stinks ~ BitterSweetLife

Sunday, January 06, 2008

Father-Son Bonding Stinks

I don't know exactly how it happened or exactly when it happened, but at some point in the last couple months, I passed an important milestone as a young father. My connection with Aidan reached a new level. We share a bond that Lindsay can only marvel at, shaking her head and laughing, with eyebrows raised.

That's right. I am now Aidan's preferred caregiver in instances of poopy diapers. And I can't begin to tell you how heartwarming it is, knowing that my pad-side manner, my knack for making horrible moments fun, my humorous way of telling Aidan how gross his diapers really are, has won for me this honor.

It's amazing, though, to see the confident look on his little face as he says, "Poop! Change diaper? Daddy?"

Really, words fail me.



Like what you read? Don't forget to bookmark this post or subscribe to the feed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fatherhood: It's not a job; it's a doo-dee.

Will Robison said...

Time for some subterfuge... I think writing a story like, "Little Mommy Dog and the Poopy Diapers," about how mommies are better at diaper duty than daddies, would be a worthy challenge for a young writer (and a surefire best seller amongst young fathers everywhere!)

 

Culture. Photos. Life's nagging questions. - BitterSweetLife