Fall 2006 Book Stack ~ BitterSweetLife

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Fall 2006 Book Stack

Book Stack

In the past, I've derived considerable pleasure from posting mug shots of my newly acquired books. As regards birthdays and Christmas, the satisfaction is purely euphoric, while at semester breaks, the joy tends to have a defiant note to it.

At any rate, here is the Class of Fall 2006. We'll see how many of them are keepers; just over a month into the semester, the volumes I've opened seem to be holding their own.

Filed in:



Like what you read? Don't forget to bookmark this post or subscribe to the feed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the approach Mounce takes in his grammar is methodologically superior to other approaches. Beware, though, of the greek monster yipping at your linguistic heels. I like the updates you've made to your blog. Nothing bitter there, only sweetness!

AJ said...

I've heard that Mounce is the favored author of engineer and mathematical types, but I'm liking his approach so far. Good to hear he meets with your approval too; my confidence is increased.

Thanks for the updates props. I've got a few more design changes on the way. In fact, I'd like to do a total overhaul and give the blog a more stripped-down look...but that will probably become a Christmas break project. At least it should be a Christmas break project, given how long it will take me to do!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm

Those books look familiar. I'm pretty sure I've sold some of them to students such as yourself at work.

AJ said...

Well, Jess, I can only hope that you gave your student customers a smile and said, "You're in luck, we have some big discounts on those textbooks today." ;)

It was because the "big" discounts were never on my textbooks that I stopped buying (overpriced) books at campus bookstores and started frequenting Half.com...

 

Culture. Photos. Life's nagging questions. - BitterSweetLife