One Book Meme ~ BitterSweetLife

Thursday, September 07, 2006

One Book Meme

I got tagged with this "One Book" meme by Mathias (he of the promising new blog, Storyteller) last week, and my response is way overdue. Before I start, I'm announcing my intention of making this an opt-in meme. Which is to say, if you'd like to respond, tag yourself. (Then leave a comment so we can come look at your list of "One Books.") Here goes.

1. One book that changed your life.To avoid monotony, I'm not going to answer "The Bible" in each of the fitting categories. But I'll say it here: The Bible.

2. One book that you have read more than once. The Lord of the Rings Trilogy by Tolkien.

3. One book you’d want on a desert island. Robinson Crusoe. Survival comes first in these circumstances.

4. One book that made you laugh. Orthodoxy, by G.K. Chesterton. Who would have thought theology could be so humorous? As a runner-up, I'll mention Mark Driscoll's Confessions of a Reformission Rev., another book that contains theology and slapstick.

5. One book that made you cry. More recently, I cried over Lief Enger's Peace Like a River. Sadly, I haven't got around to reviewing it for the Master Book List, but it warrants a strong A, maybe an A+.

6. One book that you wish had been written. My novel, which would combine gritty action sequences with believable dialogue in a heroic/medieval setting and become a bestseller. Oh yeah, and it would have good syntax.

7. One book that you wish had never been written. Just one? How about one genre: the "Christian self-help" section.

8. One Book that you’re currently reading. Christ Plays in Ten Thousand Places by Eugene Peterson.

9. One book you’ve been meaning to read. Evelyn Waugh's Brideshead Revisited.

10. Now tag five people. Like I said above, if you'd like to respond to this One Book meme, go ahead and tag yourself. Then leave a comment pointing to your post...

Filed in:



Like what you read? Don't forget to bookmark this post or subscribe to the feed.

3 comments:

Tom Spann said...

My One Book List:

http://ruminatives.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

After seeing it floating around everywhere, I finally did this one too. Here's my list

Tim P. said...

Here.

 

Culture. Photos. Life's nagging questions. - BitterSweetLife