Out, Out, Damn’d Culture Spot! ~ BitterSweetLife

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Out, Out, Damn’d Culture Spot!

As some of you know, I’m taking classes this semester at a nearby institution of higher learning. Or I am allegedly taking classes, since none of you can actually verify that I am a student, that I appear regularly in a classroom, or that I am not just making this up.

One of my alleged classes has spent the past month allegedly covering “Philosophy & Theology” in one of my favorite biblical areas of focus. In reality, or in what is allegedly reality, we have spent the last month defining “culture.” What IS culture? What are the LEVELS of culture? How do cultures DIFFER?

I won’t regale you with any of the things we are allegedly learning for fear that you will fail to be regaled.

Allegedly, I feel like I’m back in undergrad Sociology. If you sense a certain tension in my writing, this class I am allegedly taking could be a contributing factor.



Like what you read? Don't forget to bookmark this post or subscribe to the feed.

2 comments:

Andrew Simone said...

You and I seem to be having VERY similar experiences this semester.

AJ said...

Well, at least we have the comfort of shared suffering. Allegedly.

 

Culture. Photos. Life's nagging questions. - BitterSweetLife