Mark Driscoll's New Books ~ BitterSweetLife

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Mark Driscoll's New Books

I'm a fairly careful reader, so I've noticed that in various places (in a couple of his previously published books and online) Mark Driscoll has mentioned that he has six books en route to the publishers. More recently, he upped the ante, saying something to the effect that six books would be out in the next year. Reading this, my immediate thought was, Cool, dude. Good to see you're keeping your nose to the grindstone. I have a half dozen of my own in the pipeline as well. Seven if you count the one I wrote last week.

Actually, I thought, It's no wonder you're seeing a naturopath for those stomach ulcers.

If anyone else wondered what was going on, this post on Driscoll's Resurgence blog casts some light on the matter. A couple of the new titles will be Vintage Jesus--Timeless Answers to Timely Questions (coauthored with Gerry Breshears) and Death by Love, a book highlighting the gritty, practical implications of the cross. If Driscoll's post is any indication, the latter book will be a bombshell. Coming later is a line of short books, around "20,000 words," that can be "read in an hour." All of these titles will be published under the new Re:Lit tag in coordination with Crossway.

This sheds some light on Driscoll's "six new books next year" statement, although I'm still waiting to see if he actually pulls it off.



Like what you read? Don't forget to bookmark this post or subscribe to the feed.

5 comments:

D. Timothy Goering said...

Just wanted to let you know that I was thinking about writing 26 books next week (!) in the hope that they'd all get published soon!
I'll let you know when they hit amazon...

John Goering said...

Definitely looking forward to further Driscoll books, I love his style and his thoughts.

But 20000 words in an hour, let's see...

20000 / 60 means 333 words per minute, which means over 5 words per second. Well, actually, I guess that sounds like a lot, but it really is doable for a quick reader. This comment has 70 words, and I bet you read it in under 15 seconds, right? ... Right?

Anonymous said...

Fanboy!

Tim P. said...

underachiever. if he was a true man of god he'd write 77 books. :)

AJ said...

26 books...77 books...it's been nice knowing you guys. If you need blurbs for the back cover, and are also very desperate, let me know.

20000 / 60 means 333 words per minute, which means over 5 words per second... it really is doable for a quick reader. This comment has 70 words, and I bet you read it in under 15 seconds, right? ... Right?

I read your comment in 7.5 seconds, which means I'll be able to read Driscoll's short books over my lunch break. Sweet.

Fanboy!

You don't have a blog, but I found a creative way to track your IP address and you've been spending an awful lot of time on Jesus Creed. Eh? Am I right? ;)

 

Culture. Photos. Life's nagging questions. - BitterSweetLife