Hot Links: Severe Mercy Movie, Jayhawks, Hipsters ~ BitterSweetLife

Friday, September 21, 2007

Hot Links: Severe Mercy Movie, Jayhawks, Hipsters

Update: I just found another link I have to include! Here's a great article about one of my favorite bands, The Weakerthans. If you don't enjoy armchair philosophy you can skip Part I. But don't miss the commentary on "Our Retired Explorer."

::

I used to be in the habit of posting links to stand-out content, and I'm making a push to get back into it. So here's the 9.21.07 edition.

::

First off, there's now a website up for the upcoming screen adaption of A Severe Mercy. If you haven't yet read the book, do so now. The novel is a beautiful, heady love story that wrestles with profound spiritual questions. It's also deeply moving--and C.S. Lewis, the actual, historical man--is a central character. I have high expectations for this film.

::

Next, here's a good rundown on the hoops studs that the Jayhawks are currently recruiting. With 5-9 scholarships to fill next season, it's hard to say how things will shake out, but I expect to see some of these guys on campus before too long.

::

Finally, if you have the energy for this kind of thing, go read about Types of Hipsters and try to sort yourself into the appropriate categories. (e.g., 30% Health Nut, 10% Detached Ironic, 10% Artist, 30% Newbie, 20% Natural) With a little imagination you can have all kinds of fun.



Like what you read? Don't forget to bookmark this post or subscribe to the feed.

0 comments:

 

Culture. Photos. Life's nagging questions. - BitterSweetLife