And Its Name Shall Be Called Coffee ~ BitterSweetLife

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

And Its Name Shall Be Called Coffee

Cricket has long since learned of the power of coffeeAidan has not yet tasted the liquid grace of God (we told him he needs to turn two first) but he knows a momentous occasion is at hand when I pull out my bean grinder and beans. Today he watched me closely, then began jumping up and down.

"Coffee!"

Lindsay and I looked at each other.

"Did he just say that?" I tried to see if the feat could be replicated. "C-C-Coffee," I coached.

"C-C-FOFFEE!" said Aidan. "FOFFEE! FOFFEE! FOFFEE!"

The way he was jumping around the kitchen, banging cabinet doors and chest-bumping the oven, I wondered if he had been secretly imbibing. At the very least, he's caught on to a vital element in the life of today's theologian.



Like what you read? Don't forget to bookmark this post or subscribe to the feed.

8 comments:

Steve said...

You know, I just don't get coffee. I know, not something to say on this blog. I've just never really cared for it.

I'll have a latte or capuccino on occasion, but that's about it.

AJ said...

I think I recall that you're a Pepsi addict?

The most generous thing I can say, Steve, is that I hope this little problem goes away and that things become better in your life.

Hey, it could happen.

Rick Beckman said...

I can hardly stomach the smell of coffee, let alone the taste, so I can't at all relate with Aidan's excitement.

Gimme somethin' with corn syrup, caffeine, and caramel coloring any day.

AJ said...

Gimme somethin' with corn syrup, caffeine, and caramel coloring any day.

You're parodying Steve, right? Pointing out how childish he sounds? Nice repartee. ;)

Will Robison said...

What happened to your commentators, Ariel? The Barbarians are at the gates! No COFFEE! What is this world coming to? ;)

AJ said...

I don't know, man. It's as if all the cool people have shrunk into the woodwork and now the only readers I have left are these coffee-eschewing wing nuts!

I joke, I joke.

John Goering said...

http://www.basicinstructions.net/images/112caffeine.gif

AJ said...

LOL. You're a twisted man, John.

 

Culture. Photos. Life's nagging questions. - BitterSweetLife