Bunny Rabbits to Pastor Episcopalian Churches ~ BitterSweetLife

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Bunny Rabbits to Pastor Episcopalian Churches

I don't normally get into "denominational" church news for the simple reason that it bores me. But Mark Driscoll's recent commentary on Episcopalian "bad theology" broke through the usual wall of irrelevance...

In related news, the testosterone levels of male Americans has dropped significantly in the past twenty years. The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism reports that "While a man's testosterone level will fall steadily as he ages, the researchers observed a speedier decline in average testosterone levels than would have been expected with aging alone."

All of this has led this blogger to speculate that if Christian males do not man up soon, the Episcopalians may vote a fluffy baby bunny rabbit as their next bishop to lead God’s men. When asked for their perspective, some bunny rabbits simply said that they have been discriminated against long enough and that people need to "Get over it."

I'm not even Episcopalian, and this is still funny! ;)



Like what you read? Don't forget to bookmark this post or subscribe to the feed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

While I get the understated, or should I say "overstated," humor in Driscoll's post, I find his incessant pursuit of "manliness" quite interesting. What I find so interesting is that it is so subjective. It's what HE believes men should act, think and look like that I find so laughable. If all God's kingdom was full of men like Driscoll, the body of Christ would be one giant male organ.

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with Dustin on this one. The joke was pretty good, but c'mon...ease up on the manliness thing. There's more important things out there!

Charles Churchill said...

I'm not even Episcopalian, and this is still funny! ;)

I think what I find most disturbing is Ariel's obvious willingness to distance himself from the Episcopalian creed, while at the same time maintaining a staunch silence regarding the rumors of his possible Lapine ancestry (also cue the jokes regarding his pursuit of Rabbitical knowledge).

Regarding Driscoll, as much as I would like to disagree with him, I find that on this issue, I barely can. Gender roles in the church has nothing to do with the gender's themselves and everything to do with the nature of God the Father, the Son, and the church as the Bride. I would go on, but I've said it here already.

AJ said...

I find his incessant pursuit of "manliness" quite interesting.

Yeah, Driscoll does tend to comment on news with easy testosterone quip tie-ins.

What I find so interesting is that it is so subjective.

You mean the fact that Driscoll thinks all guys should drive monster trucks and watch Dog the Bounty Hunter? I bet you're just saying that because you don't! Just kidding.

The joke was pretty good, but c'mon...ease up on the manliness thing.

Driscoll's tendency to beat the man-drum probably ticks off a lot of people. In this particular instance, I don't have a problem with it though. Silly Episcopalians.

Gender roles in the church has nothing to do with the gender's themselves and everything to do with the nature of God the Father, the Son, and the church as the Bride.

I think I agree - which is why Driscoll's wry commentary is warranted.

 

Culture. Photos. Life's nagging questions. - BitterSweetLife