Christmas Health ~ BitterSweetLife

Saturday, December 24, 2005

Christmas Health

Christmas can restore mystery and sanity

It seems only right to post one more time before Christmas arrives.


You should know that I faced my final exams bravely, and fought well. I did not emerge unscathed, but the doctors say I will recover. Particularly, it is the mental wounds that will need to heal. The contingencies of "study" and "must-know-content" will have to be wiped away through a treatment of rest and resolve. I need to forget, and then to press on. I must gain distance from my scribbled essay notes, then journey into a climate that can only be called mysterious.

I am told that the Ghost that haunts this season will help my recovery, if I am quiet and alert. Prayer, I am told, is the key to sight. It will open the hidden door of Christmas, and I will walk through, and contemplate the beauty at the heart of the story. The noise will fade, and I will see Christ.

I hope you see him too, this year. Merry Christmas!

Filed in:



Like what you read? Don't forget to bookmark this post or subscribe to the feed.

0 comments:

 

Culture. Photos. Life's nagging questions. - BitterSweetLife