BitterSweetLife's Net Worth Explodes ~ BitterSweetLife

Sunday, December 11, 2005

BitterSweetLife's Net Worth Explodes



Imagine my surprise when I made my biannual visit to BlogShares to check up on BitterSweetLife, and discovered that a large Floridian sea mammal had bought up most of my shares. Check out the press release:

BitterSweetLife was the subject of much speculation when analysts at several firms were heard to be very positive about it's recent performance. It's share price rose from B$169.77 to B$271.64. Much of the hype was said to originate from Manatee Ventures whose Gospel (artefact) was said to be involved.

Manatee Ventures declined to comment on the recent speculation.

Manatee, I do not know who you are, but I thank you. Of course, thanks is probably the wrong response here; Manatee, I applaud your sound business sense and your affinity for all that is swank and right in this world.

In the exuberant haze that followed the above announcement (and with the expectation of $$ flow from BitterSweetLife’s accelerating net worth) I went shopping and bought some shares in a few of my favorite blogs (those which were readily findable at Blogshares). As a result, I am now part owner of several of your blogs, including…

Infinite Regression
327 Market
Blog Meridian
Phog Blog (of course, I am a "staff writer" here)

I suppose I should admit that these blogs were selling for bargain prices; I now expect you to start linking and writing like crazy so I can turn a tidy profit. If any more of you are involved in this BlogShares racket, let me know so I can go engage in some more speculation.

Oh yeah, and GO VOTE FOR BITTERSWEETLIFE IN THE 2005 WEBLOGS AWARDS. I don’t think I’ve said that yet today. Thanks to your efforts, a top five finish is starting to look doable.

Filed in:



Like what you read? Don't forget to bookmark this post or subscribe to the feed.

4 comments:

Tim P. said...

This Blogshare thing sounds pretty darn cool. And rest assured that I am beginning to recognize my place as a conscientious entrepreneur. Naturally I have a grave responsibility towards my investors...:)

John B. said...

Ariel,
Thanks for the vote of confidence your purchase of shares in good old Blog Meridian represents. I hope it will continue to perform at a level pleasing to my shareholders.

AJ said...

Excellent. That's what I like to hear, chaps. My portfolio already seems weightier. Soon I will be driving a Jaguar and lounging by the traffic lights on Wall Street, waiting for your lights, er, blogs to turn, uh, post.

Carmen said...

I'd like to add my own thoughtful, weighty and insightful comment now. Or something. Ha Ha! The more I think about what I actually own, the less I realize that I really own anything at all. Between you and my creditors my financial situation would make the most non-materialist envious. Thank you, Ariel, I do hope you enjoy your slice of 327.

 

Culture. Photos. Life's nagging questions. - BitterSweetLife