What I’ve Been Doing In My Spare Time ~ BitterSweetLife

Thursday, September 01, 2005

What I’ve Been Doing In My Spare Time

I’ve always said I wanted to write a book. And now I have. I can’t say I intended my first work to have a coauthor (Give dr zen a hand, folks), but hey—fame creeps up on you unawares, and you have to accept her conditions or bail.

You can view the manuscript (complete and unabridged, sprawling and disorganized) at the bottom of this post. The title? Comments Appended To My “Fun With Evolution” Piece. Catchy, I know.

::

And while we’re on the subject of books, I have to bring up one of my favorites (again), which I recently discovered a friend of mine is reading. G.K. Chesterton’s Orthodoxy continues to splash around in my thoughts, and Tim’s initial take suggests the book may have a similar effect on him. At least I hope so, because then we can talk about it.

Anyway, check out the connection he makes, and be sure to read his clarifying comment, which (if I may say so) outstrips the original post.

Filed in:



Like what you read? Don't forget to bookmark this post or subscribe to the feed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dr Zen is a paid shill to reinforce your views of creationism/ID, right? Is he available for parties?

;-)

Bruce

iamnasra said...

Writing a book is not easy...Congargulation on that project...Hope it will be your door for fame....

AJ said...

I've found dr zen to be an affordable conversation starter, but he requires a lot of air time. If you're planning your own discussion-party, be sure your guests are counting on an all-nighter.

iamnasra, thanks for the kind words. "Fame" is not the word I'd use to describe this "book project," but you never know...

I hate it when my satire is overly convincing.

 

Culture. Photos. Life's nagging questions. - BitterSweetLife