Catch 'Em While They're Small ~ BitterSweetLife

Saturday, September 03, 2005

Catch 'Em While They're Small

I killed a baby copperhead today. The 8-inch snake twitched once in the air, then died, gaping convulsively. It didn't seem much of a victory. And it was an accident, the snake hidden by leafy sunlight on a mulch trail, too sluggish too stir.

However, if serpents were the harbingers of sin, an embodiment of evil, as in Medieval thought, then this would be the ideal way to kill one.


Filed in:



Like what you read? Don't forget to bookmark this post or subscribe to the feed.

1 comments:

Andrew Simone said...

When I saw my first robin of spring, I promptly hit it with my car (accidentally). You want to talk about bad omens.

 

Culture. Photos. Life's nagging questions. - BitterSweetLife