The Grind Resumes ~ BitterSweetLife

Sunday, October 03, 2004

The Grind Resumes

Well, I'm home. And I'm not complaining. New resolve has flowed into my mind and filled my carpal tendons. I have decided not to abandon my writing endeavors for a career in European professional basketball. Instead I'll keep writing, keep submitting, and keep thrilling you longsuffering readers with bittersweet notes on life.

The drive out to the retreat center was a little vacation in itself. We saw gold-brown fields sandwiched between stands of blue pine. Unfortunately, the beauty of the road-side was obscured by trash. The sky was a similar anomaly. Which made me think:

Sunlight perforating clouds
Radiance dissolving shrouds
Scorching sky
Behind fuel station signs
And power lines
Beauty wracks an ugly world.

Ah, the inexorable nature of beauty. That's something worth writing about.



Like what you read? Don't forget to bookmark this post or subscribe to the feed.

0 comments:

 

Culture. Photos. Life's nagging questions. - BitterSweetLife