Call for Entries ~ BitterSweetLife

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Call for Entries

The more I've thought about BitterSweetness, the more I've realized how engrained it is in our makeup. It follows that people besides me have noticed it, experienced it, and expressed it. Maybe not in precisely the same terms, but definitely pointing to the same truth, the same revealing fact: mingled joy and pain have implications.

Because BitterSweetness is at heart a shared experience, I'd like to hear some of the other voices that are talking about it. And to that end, I'm issuing a call for entries:
Send them here! (You may want to first scan the "must read" posts in the sidebar to see if your thoughts are, indeed, "BitterSweet.") Posting remains at my discretion. In the future, I hope to make this process a little smoother; a permanent link will probably appear at some point.

For now, enjoy this first new contribution from Christian Gonzalez:

When I fall

When I fall
When the breath of divinity
Finds the blood of my mortality
I wonder who am I
That you are mindful of me?

What is within this flesh and blood
That it would find a place
In the heart of love
On an altar of holiness?
Who am I
That you mind my voice
The screams locked in tears
The smiles that bloom unseen?
Who am I
When I stand in your presence
That you welcome my worship?

© 2004 Christian Gonzalez



Like what you read? Don't forget to bookmark this post or subscribe to the feed.

0 comments:

 

Culture. Photos. Life's nagging questions. - BitterSweetLife