Evading the Flu Bug ~ BitterSweetLife

Friday, February 09, 2007

Evading the Flu Bug


You can imagine how I felt when I woke up this morning to find an incredibly ugly and cantankerous flu bug looking down at me. I assessed the situation instantly: escape would be difficult, requiring Jack Bauerish powers of improvisation, but maybe, just maybe, possible.

The flu bug, which looked more like a deformed Veggie Tales character with a massively swollen and misshapen body, cast a triumphant glance toward Lindsay. My heart sank. It was too late to save my wife from this creature, but perhaps I could save myself..?

I ran from the room, evading the flu bug with my superior foot speed. But for how long? Only time will tell.



Like what you read? Don't forget to bookmark this post or subscribe to the feed.

3 comments:

AJ said...

Update:

I feel like I have a cold in my brain. Not in my head, except insofar as my head contains my brain. I'm not physically stuffed up, but my brain feels like it's congested in a couple layers of cotton batting. I don't have a headache but my thoughts hurt.

Stolen from Brandywine Books' Lars Walker. This is what you might call "a not-good sign."

Alaina said...

We've been fighting and losing ALL winter. Hope you all feel better soon!

Will Robison said...

I hope its not one of those 24hour bugs. J.B. would tell you to interrogate a bad guy and maybe torture him. It'll make you feel better and help you find out who's behind this flu thing.

 

Culture. Photos. Life's nagging questions. - BitterSweetLife