Aidan Gets Theology Books (Weekend Photo) ~ BitterSweetLife

Friday, February 09, 2007

Aidan Gets Theology Books (Weekend Photo)


Of course, I returned from this week's Desiring God conference with about 20 pounds of new books deftly concealed in my duffle bag. (Good thing I left that extra pair of socks at home.)

Acquiring a stack of low cost, high quality books at the conference has become a yearly tradition. But
this time, there was a new wrinkle in the usual plan. During my last trip to the bookstore, after the last session, it struck me: I'm buying for an additional theologian now!

It was an exciting moment of realization.

When I returned home, I happily unpacked my books and Aidan began exploring his new tomes. He was excited. Kid digs theology.



Like what you read? Don't forget to bookmark this post or subscribe to the feed.

2 comments:

Widsith said...

Adorable! Can't wait to start buying theology, classic myth and history, and the great poets for my future kids! =)

- Dana (MrsC)

John B. said...

The picture reminds me of something I once heard in a sermon: Karl Barth (I think it was--Google isn't helping me confirm it) was once asked what was the most profound statement of belief he knew of, and he replied, "Jesus loves me./This I know,/For the Bible/Tells me so."

 

Culture. Photos. Life's nagging questions. - BitterSweetLife