Find Great Coffee Easily with the Delocator ~ BitterSweetLife

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Find Great Coffee Easily with the Delocator

When it comes to perfectly roasted beans and precisely pulled shots of espresso, CORPORATE CHAIN actually spells COMPROMISED COFFEE.

That's why I expend lots of nervous energy and drive time figuring out which local coffee shops can actually deliver good espresso. But my job just got easier.

Enter the Delocator.

You just type in your zip code, specify a search radius, and voila, instant delocation: a listing of independently owned coffee shops nearby. (This is as opposed to corporate chains, which typically employ "locators"--clever word play, eh.) The Delocator also works for book stores and movie theaters, and I see no reason why it won't get better with time, since the locations are supplied by users.

This is a beautiful, beautiful thing that the Delocator does--and apparently it was designed by one person. Whoever he/she is, he/she is a genius in my book. If I'd stumbled on this tool sooner, I could have spared myself all kinds of coffee-related stress. Go give it a shot. And then go buy yourself a shot. Or several.

In closing, I'm happy to say that the Delocator confirmed the fact that I am already up on all the good coffee shops in my area. Which was a kind of bittersweet affirmation.

HT: The Phenomenal Field



Like what you read? Don't forget to bookmark this post or subscribe to the feed.

0 comments:

 

Culture. Photos. Life's nagging questions. - BitterSweetLife