Book Deals Slowed by Water Inhalation ~ BitterSweetLife

Monday, July 16, 2007

Book Deals Slowed by Water Inhalation

Yesterday my brother's birthday party involved a lot of basketball and a swim in the lake, during which I snorted green-gray algae-infused water out my nose. Fortunately, this didn't happen often--only each time I jumped or dove or was pushed off the dock in the course of a 40-minute period.

Since then, my mental processes have been running a little slower than usual, which is why I haven't yet posted the Book Deal recipients. But look for the names soon. The computer has been whirring and humming, crunching a huge array of numbers (using a complicated algorithm) to determine the winners.



Like what you read? Don't forget to bookmark this post or subscribe to the feed.

3 comments:

Charles Churchill said...

Excuses, excuses... you remind me less and less of Oprah every day.

John B. said...

It sounds like algae is the gateway drug.

must_decrease said...

This should not be seen as a deterrent, for as every good Wyoming boy knows, the average man needs at least one drink of lake water per year to stay healthy

 

Culture. Photos. Life's nagging questions. - BitterSweetLife