Additional Thoughts on Working Really Hard to "Get Faith" ~ BitterSweetLife

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Additional Thoughts on Working Really Hard to "Get Faith"

I want to increase my faith, and I have the plan to do it.

I just need to increase my ability to have a sustained hunger for God. This seems pretty clearly to be a dietary concern. To this end, I'm going organic and learning some transcendental meditation exercises, which should aid digestion. Also, I will eat more bran muffins.

As I carry out this simple plan, I will chart my progress at three hour intervals, recording the varying strength of faith I feel at each juncture. Measuring my faith in this way will help me to notice those times of the day, say, mid-afternoon or immediately after I wake up, when my faith levels may need to be jump-started with a few extra Bible verses. Also, it should be a real morale booster as I see my faith levels explode over time.

Whatever it takes to get my faith up and running at an optimal level.



Like what you read? Don't forget to bookmark this post or subscribe to the feed.

2 comments:

AJ said...

I was having a good time, but I decided I should make this post at least slightly helpful. I couldn't do it in the body because it would ruin the sarcastic-health-food-vibe. So here's something I should say:

Christ gives us the gift of faith and then we struggle to believe the gospel more and more, a fight that is paradoxically carried out via obedience and submission, bending our fragile wills to a stronger will, a greater Master.

It's true. And I feel better now.

John Goering said...

You know what's really ironic is that I actually had the idea once of charting my feelings every 3 hours to see if I could see some kind of pattern. I never did it, but I definitely had the idea.

:P

 

Culture. Photos. Life's nagging questions. - BitterSweetLife