Mark Driscoll, Moderated ~ BitterSweetLife

Friday, May 04, 2007

Mark Driscoll, Moderated

I've been up front about my appreciation of Mark Driscoll in the past. Over the last week, though, I came across a couple unexpected Driscoll-related items.

1) A sober reflection from Mark Driscoll on the narrative approach to preaching, its pros and cons, that doesn't contain a single reference to Jesus as a "marginalized Galilean peasant in a dress." For me, this was Driscoll in a new vein, as far as tone and content go, and very insightful.
2) Criticism of Driscoll that I agree with. Jared of The Thinklings and iMonk both offer friendly critique that I think is both accurate and necessary. Check 'em: Trading One Caricature for Another and Riffs: 4:30:07: Daily Sex With Pastor Mark
Feel free to let me know what you think.



Like what you read? Don't forget to bookmark this post or subscribe to the feed.

0 comments:

 

Culture. Photos. Life's nagging questions. - BitterSweetLife