Feeling the Burn ~ BitterSweetLife

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Feeling the Burn

In response to a reader's question about seminaries, Donald Miller posted the following on his website:

I’m considering a counseling degree myself, and considering Western Seminary in Portland. It’s a conservative school, and Iove many of the people the school has helped educate. I also love what I hear and read about Regent in Vancouver, B.C. They refer to themselves as “the unseminary” and I find that endearing. Seminary can seem, to the non-student, so cold and removed from the heart, which the Bible speaks so clearly to. So I love that Regent appreciates the arts. One of the classes at Regent that I so long to take takes place entirely in row boats, rowing around the San Juan Islands. I’ve kayaked those waters and the scenery is simply remarkable. So Regent would be a school to look into. All the best for you in your search…
Wow. I'll bet Regent doesn't hand out 1000-page reading assignments and accompanying book reports due the first day of class either. There is a word for what I'm feeling, and it's not school pride...

If I find a way to move to British Columbia, I'll let you all know.



Like what you read? Don't forget to bookmark this post or subscribe to the feed.

3 comments:

Andrew Simone said...

Wow, that is incredible. I do need to go there.

AJ said...

We both need to go there.

Maybe we should rendezvous in B.C. and craft an ingenius argument as to why Regent should give us both full rides. Then we can saunter into the Academic Aid dept. and overwhelm them with our brilliance.

Andrew Simone said...

Yes, that sounds like a plan.

 

Culture. Photos. Life's nagging questions. - BitterSweetLife