Do Your Trashtalking Out Loud ~ BitterSweetLife

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Do Your Trashtalking Out Loud

Say the Mean Stuff...Quietly

I just noticed that someone reached this site by querying Yahoo for “spiritual comment about not saying mean stuff.” I hope they found what they were looking for.


By way of expanding the blog's helpfulness on this topic, I’ve found that it also helps to say the mean stuff under your breath, and then smile.

No, of course I don’t really mean that. Now: if it's smack we're talking about, the one-liner should be spoken loudly or not at all. Preferably with feeling, head cocked to one side.

Also keep in mind that what may be appropriate on the basketball court may not be fitting at the dinner table or Monopoly game. For example, "Do you need a three-lane highway to the hoop?" would be out of place. You would need to change your metaphors from basketball to food or economics. Context is everything.



Like what you read? Don't forget to bookmark this post or subscribe to the feed.

7 comments:

Andrew Simone said...

You get all the bed search queries, my most amusing is pretty lame: "exhaustion humor."

Anonymous said...

I live at 23357 Commonwealth in Seattle. Been up here before?

Anonymous said...

I live at 23357 Commonwealth in Seattle. Been up here before?

Anonymous said...

I live at 23357 Commonwealth in Seattle. Been up here before?

Anonymous said...

I live at 23357 Commonwealth in Seattle. Been up here before?

Anonymous said...

I live at 23357 Commonwealth in Seattle. Been up here before?

Anonymous said...

I live at 23357 Commonwealth in Seattle. Been up here before?

 

Culture. Photos. Life's nagging questions. - BitterSweetLife