When Babies Attack ~ BitterSweetLife

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

When Babies Attack

Coffee Morning

As luck would have it, I got five hours of sleep Monday night and it took two cups of espresso to get me going in the morning. After a grande Starbuck’s coffee between my morning classes, the world seemed unreal enough when who should I see but my brother Johnny—driving across my campus in the passenger seat of a sedan, next to a middle-aged woman. His eyes looked wider than usual when he saw me, and I think the surprise was mutual.

The car did a ‘J’ swerve in the middle of the street and Johnny hopped out as I walked over.

“Hey Johnny!”
“I’ve been looking all over campus for you. We just got a call from Lindsay, and she’s in the hospital, about to give birth.”
“WHAT?”

A surreal day was about to get surreal-er.

::

To be continued.



Like what you read? Don't forget to bookmark this post or subscribe to the feed.

5 comments:

John B. said...

::holding breath, crossing fingers, offering prayers::

Best of luck to you both.

Andy said...

May God bless you with a healthy child. I'm praying for you...

Anonymous said...

wow!!!! offering up some prayers for you! keep us posted on the developments!

Dustin said...

I cannot imagine the joys that accompany fatherhood. My prayers are with you, and I pray that God will bless your new, multiplied family.

I will look forward to hearing an update. God bless you both...and your new little one.

Oneway the Herald said...

Jesus, bless your children, Ariel and Lindsay and their new child!

 

Culture. Photos. Life's nagging questions. - BitterSweetLife