A 'Sub' By Any Other Name... ~ BitterSweetLife

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

A 'Sub' By Any Other Name...

In a class today, one of my students was telling her classmate how happy she was to have a sub.

"But he's not a sub. His badge says 'Teacher Associate.'"
"Well yeah. But at my job they call 'em 'Service Associates' and they're still dish-washers."

I don't think she realized how fitting the parallel was, but I was quick to compliment her analogy. I'm pretty sure that other Teacher Associate would appreciate her observation as well...

Filed in:



Like what you read? Don't forget to bookmark this post or subscribe to the feed.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a good point. I don't understand why so many understood job classifications have to be redefined over time when the job itself hasn't. Very odd.

 

Culture. Photos. Life's nagging questions. - BitterSweetLife