'Spiritual' Sparring Partner? ~ BitterSweetLife

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

'Spiritual' Sparring Partner?

Over the last several days I've been corresponding a little with Alexys, the blogger behind Unraveling the Spiritual Mystique. After you get past the fact that we both place a priority on "spiritual" things, our perspectives diverge pretty rapidly.

Alexys maintains that 'spirituality' has a good effect on humans, much like sunlight or the scent of a rose - but that the details of various faiths are illusory. I, on the other hand, argue that "faith" divorced from a specific God is useless: an exercise in politically correct semantics.

I told Alexys that I'd be happy to link her site, so long as she was down with some friendly debate. She's down with it. Therefore, Unraveling has been linked; here's hoping the connection will spark some interesting dialogue in the future.



Like what you read? Don't forget to bookmark this post or subscribe to the feed.

3 comments:

Alexys Fairfield said...

Hey Ariel,

Thanks for the link, I've added you to my blogroll. I look forward to thoroughly thrashing it out in the spiritual ring. It'll be better than female mud wrestling and quite possibly bigger than sliced bread. Here's to an invigorating and enjoyable discourse. Oh and by the way, I am a 'she' not 'he.' An oversight I'm sure.

Peace

AJ said...

Oh great, how embarassing (for me). The pronouns have been hurriedly switched.

Thanks for the link, Alexys. Here's hoping the discussion lives up to your high billing!

Photography said...

wow. good reflection. thanks and God bless

 

Culture. Photos. Life's nagging questions. - BitterSweetLife