An End to Bittersweetness ~ BitterSweetLife

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

An End to Bittersweetness



On days when I have no idea what I’m doing here, I remind myself that not knowing is part of the package. God hasn’t told us everything. Vision is blurry. Knowledge is faulty. I know generally why I’m on planet earth, but not precisely. Life is bittersweet.

And bittersweetness is ok for now, but I’m counting on the fact that it won’t last. One day the veins of melancholy that run through every level of life’s strata will be extracted for good. No more slivers of sadness waiting around the bend. Nothing more but goodness and more goodness, pain-free living and being forever. Even memory, I think, will be changed. Memory now is marked with regret, with loss. In a sense, even to remember something good is to have lost it. This will no longer be the case. Goodness won’t be hidden in the haze of the past. Happiness won’t rest on the hinge of the future. Life will be good—full stop.

I think a lot about bittersweetness, but I can’t wait for it to end.



Like what you read? Don't forget to bookmark this post or subscribe to the feed.

2 comments:

. : A : . said...

It is the unexpectedness that make life so wonderful.

Good pic. Have been trying out some of the same lately.

AJ said...

Unexpectedness is something of a mixed bag, as far as I'm concerned. We may as well say it's the surprises that make life so terrifying.

But your point is well taken. I'm just being difficult.

 

Culture. Photos. Life's nagging questions. - BitterSweetLife