The Death of a Research Paper ~ BitterSweetLife

Friday, November 25, 2005

The Death of a Research Paper

My latest paper, The Validity of Petitionary Prayer in Four Models of Providence (The Search for a God We Can Take Seriously) is not written yet. I admit this fact freely, with the idea that it will partially absolve me of my guilt. If I had to trace the disintegration of my good intentions, the sketch would look (and sound) something like this:



Obviously, Thanksgiving break is too close to my birthday to be really productive. But now that I've made my token confession, I can get down to work. And hey, at least I have a title.

Filed in:



Like what you read? Don't forget to bookmark this post or subscribe to the feed.

2 comments:

Andrew Simone said...

I hear ya. I have been using the wonders of the internet as my distraction. You can find an incredible amount of literature and poetry online.

AJ said...

Yes - but now I've produced 3 pages of my paper and outlined my thesis. ("We may conclude that where petitionary prayer is illusory or absent, the model of providence is disingenuous, and risks religious irrelevance.")

Ha!

 

Culture. Photos. Life's nagging questions. - BitterSweetLife