Taking Coffee Too Seriously? ~ BitterSweetLife

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Taking Coffee Too Seriously?

I know exactly how I like my coffee and espresso, but I have yet to reach this extreme. The Washington Post reports:

...Simmermon, 32, said that he interrupted the barista with an angry blast about how he would have his coffee any way he pleased, thank you very much, and that he told the barista he had his own policy about doing what he wants with the products he pays for. He mixed in a couple of expletives, but that was the essence of it...

But that was just the beginning of the story!



Like what you read? Don't forget to bookmark this post or subscribe to the feed.

3 comments:

Donna. W said...

Good grief! I've heard about a tempest in a teapot, but what would you call that mess?

Funny stuff, in a way. Or sad, depending on your point of view.

littlepeace said...

My goodness.

Not only was he rude, but his taste in coffee sounds like it'd take the lining off his stomach. Maybe that's his real problem.

AJ said...

Er, disaster in a demitasse? Espresso is part art, part science, so I understand how people can get worked up about it. But talk about escalation!

Espresso on ice...definitely an acquired taste. But straight espresso is certainly that. Maybe I'll have to try a shot on ice and see if it really tastes sour like the article says.

 

Culture. Photos. Life's nagging questions. - BitterSweetLife