Aidan Reveals Theology Jones ~ BitterSweetLife

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Aidan Reveals Theology Jones

Aidan knows how to trigger useful surges of paternal affection. Strategy 1 involves grabbing my knees, and saying, "I'm with my DADDY!" At that point I get all teary-eyed and grab him so I can ruffle his hair and tell him that I love him and will always be there for him, even when turns 16 and starts growing facial hair and listening to his crazy rap music.

So I'm holding Aidan while drinking an Orange Julius with Lindsay and Sarah, my younger sister, when Aidan takes a sudden swipe at my glass and nearly knocks it out of my hand. My two front teeth avoid the collision only by jumping out of the way at the last second. Huh? So I ask the obvious question:

Me: Hey, why did you do that?
Aidan, without hesitation: SIN.

Not exactly what I was looking for. "Because I wanted to chip your front teeth," would have been more in line with what I was after. Or, "I wanted some more of that Orange Julius and thought I might slurp some out of the air as the glass flew out of your hand." Conclude what you want to, this does go to show one thing:

Aidan has his basic theology down cold. He could be teaching anthropology in some Christian schools...



Like what you read? Don't forget to bookmark this post or subscribe to the feed.

1 comments:

John Goering said...

That is just plain awesome right there. :D

 

Culture. Photos. Life's nagging questions. - BitterSweetLife